Holy Hip Hop
More Record Labels
- SMC Records Announces 2008 Album Release Lineup
Bay Area record label is gearing up for releases from Killer Mike, Capone-N-Noreaga and Pastor Troy.
- Record Label 404 Music Finalizes Label Deal With The D-Boyz
D-Boyz Entertainment is comprised of the rappers Stone and Lac. Their first release features Mannie Fresh, Jevenile, BG, TQ, Jazze Pha and more.
- Diddy Intros Janelle Monáe To Bad Boy Records
First album from Janell Monáe entitled "Metropolis" is co-executive produced by Big Boi.
- 20th Anniversary For Ruthless Records
Known to some as one of the most successful indie music labels of all time, Ruthless Records is celebrating their 20th anniversary with a luncheon and showcase.
- Rapper MJG Enters Exclusive Record Label Deal
Hip hop artist MJG, known by many for his long-time rap partnership with 8 Ball, just signed with 404 Music, Inc.
- Former NFL Player Adam "Pacman" Jones Launches Label
Banned NFL Cornerback of the Tennessee Titans, Adam "Pacman" Jones makes it rain on the mic while he tackles the music industry to launch his new Record Label, "National Street League Records".
- Shakur Estate Files Injunction Against Death Row Records
The estate of Tupac Shakur has filed an injunction against Death Row Records to prohibit the sale of unreleased 2Pac material in the company bankruptcy auction.
- Rebel Music Group Launched By Universal Music Latino
The joint venture between Universal Music Lation and the popular underground rap group known as "Psycho Realm" will be known as Rebel Music Group.
- Hip-Hop Countri Boi Signs With TVT Records
The deal with TVT records is a big accomplishment for the rapper who is a native of Dallas, Texas.
- Omillio Sparks Ditches Jay-Z & Chooses Koch
The rap artist has completely ditched Jay-Z's Roc-a-fella Records for a deal with Koch Records.
- Hip-Hop Looks Back At 60 Years Of Atlantic Records
The PBS documentary takes a look back at the 60 years of history that Atlantic Records has provided.
- Marlon Rowe Released From Federal Prison
Independent record label CEO has entered large sum deals with Atlantic Records for artists such as Gucci Mane.
- Nitti's Label Signs Deal With Warner Bros. Records
The Grammy-nominated producer Nitti has just entered a deal between his label and Warner Bros. Records.
- Koch Records Signs Hip-Hop Talent Styles P
Styles P, once a member of The Lox has just entered an agreement with Koch Records.
- Self-proclaimed "Underground Hip-Hop King" Inks Deal
The record label Screw-U-Records has signed the self-proclaimed underground hip-hop king, Tha Beholda.
- Eminem Announces Worldwide Administration Agreement
Universal Music Publishing Group announced signing, Eminem, to an exclusive, worldwide administration agreement.
- Hip-Hop Group Lands American Southwest Music Distribution
Rap group known as X.O. has forged a distribution deal with American Southwest Music Distribution.
- Zomba Label Group Has Appointed New Urban President
Mark Pitts has been named the new president of Urban Music for the Zomba Label Group.
- Island Records Urban Music Names New President
Jermaine Dupri will now oversee Island's entire urban music operation.
- Bad Boy Records Inks Deal With Elephant Man
Sean Combs, the CEO of Bad Boy Worldwide Entertainment has announced the deal with VP Records.
- Baby Bash Signs Hip Hop Record Deal With Arista
Rapper/songwriter Baby Bash has inked a deal with the music legend Clive Davis, Chairman and CEO of BMG and Arista Records.
- Fat Joe Revamps Hip Hop Terror Squad Label
With 13 years of being in the music business Fat Joe is returning with a relaunch of his rap label.
- Old School Hip Hop Catalog Sold To Digital Music Group
The catalog consists of many popular and exciting blend of R&B, jazz, funk, and of course hip hop.
- Indie Hip Hop Label Takes '06 Q4 Head On
One of the most sucessful independent record labels with artists such as Mike Jones, Slim Thug and Paul Wall announce their plans for the fourth quarter of 2006.
- TVT Records Signs Deal With Ketara "KeKe" Wyatt
The announcement of the deal involves the soul singing recording artist known as Ketara "KeKe" Wyatt.
- R&B/Hip Hop Producer Devyne Stephens Starts New Label
Atlanta-based producer/artist development whiz has entered a distribution deal with SRC/Universal Motown Records for his new label.
- Rapper Lil Flip Signs Hip Hop Record Deal With Warner Bros.
Platinum-selling rapper Lil Flip has entered a contract with Warner Bros. Records for his next album titled "I Need Mine" to hit stores this Fall.
- Three 6 Mafia Inks Warner Bros. Hip Hop Record Deal
The award winning rap group known as Three 6 Mafia has signed a label deal with Warner Bros. Records.
- Hip Hop Producer Jazze Pha Signs R&B Talent To Roster
The R&B artist known as "Lloyd" has inked a deal with ShoNuff Records which is run by mega producer, Jazze Pha.
- Hip Hop Rapper Jibbs Gains Momentium
Close to a year after being signed to Geffen/Interscope Records, rap artist Jibbs is heating things up.
- TVT Records Inks Deal With Southern Rapper "Magic"
Son of locally prominent jazz musician, Magic is getting ready to release his debut CD in 2007.
- Rapper/Producer Kia Shine Signs Record Deal
The deal signed with Universal Motown Records will be kicking off with a CD release in fall 2006.
- Hip Hop Gets A Taste of Tequila's New Sound
The self-proclaimed cross between Macy Gray, Da Brat and more has been featured routinely in the most viewed and played unsigned artists.
- West Coast Record Label Announces Hip Hop Artist "Pony Boi"
LA based record label "Long Live Crime Records" has announced the debut of "Pony Boi."
- Dallas Gangsta Rapper Twisted Black Inks Deal With TVT
Rap artist Twisted Black was shot in the face while his rap career was taking off which set him back.
- GodMother Ent. Announces New Hip Hop Compilation & Projects
After this Memorial Day weekend premiere, the project received a great response.
- Universal Music Group Signs Hip Hop Artist Chamillionaire
Songwriter and rapper Chamillionaire has inked a deal with Universal to an exclusive, worldwide co-publishing deal.
- Rap City's Mad Linx Speaks With Carmelo "Melo" Anthony
The NBA player known for his roll as a star forward for the Denver Nuggets speaks with Rap City host.
- Miami Hip Hop Label Inks Deal With Indie Distributor
The emerging rap label based in Miami announced today it had entered a deal with the Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA).
- Rap Mogul Suge Knight Details Label Decline
In a federal bankruptcy hearing Friday, Suge Knight stated his debts totaled more than $100 million.
- Hip Hop's Street Flavor Records Appoints New CEO
First focused on hip hop the label has expanded to cover other genres such as rock and country.
- Universal Records Signs Hip Hop Producer DJ Shadow
Born in San Jose, DJ Shadow has created his own hip hop style by blending genres.
- Rob Nonies Enters Distribution Deal With Koch
The newly formed label group R.N.L.G. LLC will be distributing their releases through Koch Entertainment Distribution.
- Digital Delivery Made Simple For Indie Hip Hop Labels
Web-based delivery system allows artists and labels to make their music available to programmers from Clear Channel, Sirius Radio, Live 365 and KROQ in Los Angeles.
- Hip Hop's Chris Brown Inks Deal With Universal Music
The 16 year old recording artist has entered an agreement with Universal to distribute his music worldwide.
- Houston Boasts Record Label Addition
Promo wizard George Durham is gearing up to start his own hip hop/R&B label.
- Marion 'Suge' Knight Prepares Death Row Bankruptcy
In an announcement Tuesday (April 4th) Death Row CEO says he has been forced into bankruptcy.
- Death Row Records Threatened By Judge
The $107 million judgment against Suge Knight could result in the loss of his assets.
- Rap Mogul Makes Good On Deathrow East
Gangsta rap mogul Suge Knight is getting ready to debut the East coast version of Deathrow Records.