Holy Hip Hop
- Hip Hop Group Supports Imprisoned Nobel Peace Prize Winner
The only imprisoned Nobel Peace Prize winner, Aung San Suu Kyi, is getting support from The Black Eyed Peas.
- Big Hutch Released From Federal Prison
1-Ate Seven (Gregory Hutchinson a.k.a. Big Hutch/Cold 187um) of the Legendary West Coast super group, Above The Law will be released from Federal Prison on Friday July 21st, 2006.
- Grants Made To Settle Hip Hop "Payola" Scam
The Fund was created by settlements with major record companies who were found to using the illegal act of "pay for play."
- Hip Hop Artist Snoop Dogg Seeks To End Contract
Current contract terms state Snoop Dogg is to release four albums under EMI.
- Rap & Hip Hop Group Claims DPG Record Stole Their Music
Rap duo "Godz Gift" states their beat and chorus were stolen off their MySpace page and placed on a CD set to be released next week.
- Hip Hop Artist's Wrongful Death Case Sent Back To Court
The retrial of the wrongful death lawsuit against the city of Los Angeles has been postponed till 2007.
- Hip Hop Artist Lil Eazy-E Gets No Charges After Arrest
The first son of rap legend Eazy-E will not be receiving charges after being arrested over the weekend.
- Hip Hop Artist Proof's Killer Not Charged With Murder
The Wayne County Prosecutor made the official statement that Mario Etheridge will not be charged with murder.
- Hip Hop Artist Young Jeezy Dodges Weapons Charges
Rapper from Georgia is celebrating after the announcement of weapons charges being dropped against him.
- Hip Hop Artist Ganxsta Nip Files Suit Against RIP Records
Stemming from an alleged breach of contract, Nip is now suing the Rest In Peace Records.
- Rap Mogul Suge Knight Details Label Decline
In a federal bankruptcy hearing Friday, Suge Knight stated his debts totaled more than $100 million.
- Rap & Hip Hop Artist Lil Cease Sets The Record Staight
Lil Cease sets the record straight about his feud with Lil Kim on upcoming DVD release.
- Hip Hop Artist Fails To Stop Explicit DVD From Hitting Store Shelves
The hip hop artist known as "Superhead" has been denied by a federal judge for her temporary restraining order against Vivid Entertainment.
- Family of Killed Bouncer Sues Proof Estate
The club shooting incident which ended in rapper Proof and a bouncer killed has brought a lawsuit by the bouncers family.
- Hip Hop Foxy Brown Set To Appear In Court
Accusations of assaulting nail salon employees has brought Foxy Brown to court.
- Hot Boy Turk Sentenced To 12 Years In Officer Shooting
The well known Cash Money artist Turk entered a "best interest" plea in a case involving an officer shooting.
- Shyne Receives A Portion of Frozen Assets
A half million dollar advance from Shyne's record deal will be partially used by the rapper for current legal fees.
- Rapper Snoop Dogg Arrested In London
Recording artist Snoop Dogg and his crew were arrested in London yesterday over an incident at the airport.
- Georgia Family Without A Computer Sued By RIAA
In the most recent error by the RIAA, they have filed a lawsuit against a family who denies owning a computer.
- D12's Swift Gets Jail Time For Court No-Show
Recording artist Swift from the rap group D12 was attending the funeral services for fellow rapper Proof on the day of his court appearance.
- Rapper's "Countdown To Lockdown" Season Finale Tonight
The final hours of Lil Kim's freedom shown on BET with a season finale tonight.
- Rapper Attends Proof Funeral Instead of Court
Fellow D12 rapper Swift skipped his probation court hearing to attend Proof's funeral service.
- Rap-A-Lot Records CEO To Speak On Suge Knight, In Court
Law counsel for Michael "Harry O" Harris claims he need to speak with Rap-A-Lot CEO regarding money dealings with Suge Knight.
- UpdateLate Rapper 2Pac T-Shirts Cause Legal Battle
The attorneys for the estate of Tupac Shakur release a statement regarding the lawsuit.
- Late D12 Rapper Proof's Suspect Pleas Not Guilty
Currently in jail, the lead suspect in the death of rapper Proof has pleaded not guilty.
- Proof's Shooter Not Charged With Murder
Club CCC bouncer, Mario Etheridge, faces various weapons charges but not murder.
- Rap Artist The Game Faces Arrest Warrant
Game's alleged assault charges have been dropped and the artist is now facing a warrant for missing a court date.
- The Source Hip Hop Magazine Faces Another Lawsuit
After having attempted murder charges dropped, the hip hop magazine faces a civil lawsuit.
- Beyonce' & Seal Paul Face Lawsuit Over Song Copyright
A Minnesota woman says she submitted a song to Sony and later heard it performed by Beyonce' and Sean Paul without her consent.
- Mike Jones, Michael 5000 Watts & Swisha House Face Suit
Ohio man sues rap label Swisha House for the use of a song he alleges was his and was never paid for.
- Twin Producers Claim The Rights To R. Kelly's Composition
R. Kelly is set to appear in a Brussels, Belgium court to face alleged copyright charges.
- Rapper Eminem Calls Off Marriage With Kim Once Again
Recording artst Eminem re-married his daughter's mother known as Kim just a few short months ago.
- Marion 'Suge' Knight Prepares Death Row Bankruptcy
In an announcement Tuesday (April 4th) Death Row CEO says he has been forced into bankruptcy.
- Mogul 'Suge' Knight Fails To Show At Hearing
Saturday, April the 1st was the date set by the court for Mr. Knight to appear in court.
- Rapper's Family Recieves $1.1M Payment
The family of New York rap star Notorious B.I.G. recieves their $1.1 million payment from LA County.
- Rape Case Against Rapper Dropped
Rapper Don P from the rap group Trillville is no longer sweating over an alleged rape.
- Koch Sued By Rapper The Game
Koch Entertainment allegedly released albums without the Game's explicit permission.
- Death Row Records Threatened By Judge
The $107 million judgment against Suge Knight could result in the loss of his assets.
- Brother of R. Kelly Tells All In Story To Police
R. Kelly is being accused by his brother of asking him to take the rap for the sex tape scandal.
- Death Penalty Suggested For Rap Label Owner
Kenneth Supreme McGriff is one of five suggested by the US Attorney to be put to death if convicted.
- Black Enterprise Gains Full Ownership of 'Hip Hop Bible'
The Source's previous owners Mays and Benzino have been ousted by Black Enterprise Executives.
- Judge In Rap Artist Shyne's Hearing Steps Down
The hearing for rapper Shyne will be delayed at least 30 days while a new judge is found to replace the current Judge Howard Ruditzky.
- Late Rapper Has Album Pulled Over Copyright Infringement
The album titled Ready to Die produced by Sean Combs was found to be in violation of sampling a song without permission.
- Rapper C-Miller Faces Heavy Bail Bond
Rapper C-Miller AKA C-Murder has been placed on house arrest after his family posted the bond set Wednesday.
- Hip Hop Artist Takes On Music Publisher Over Royalties
The artist Young MC alleges that the publishing company did not pay royalties for multiple songs.
- Rapper Master P Gets Community Service
Master P was sentenced Monday to 40 hours of community service in order to resolve gun charges.
- South Beath Florida Arrest Involves Young Jeezy
Hip hop artist Young Jeezy was involved with a disturbance which led to his arrest.
- Rapper C-Murder's Conviction Has Been Overturned
Four years ago C-Murder was allegedly linked to a murder which he was convicted of, which has now been overturned.
- Bobby Brown Arested Once Again
14 years after the last arrest, Bobby Brown has been arrested for an outstanding warrant.