Holy Hip Hop
- Hip Hop Artist's Wrongful Death Case Sent Back To Court
The retrial of the wrongful death lawsuit against the city of Los Angeles has been postponed till 2007.
- Hip Hop Artist Lil Eazy-E Gets No Charges After Arrest
The first son of rap legend Eazy-E will not be receiving charges after being arrested over the weekend.
- Hip Hop Artist Proof's Killer Not Charged With Murder
The Wayne County Prosecutor made the official statement that Mario Etheridge will not be charged with murder.
- Rapper Beanie Sigel Shot In Botched Robbery
The shooting happened shortly after 8AM in Philadelphia this morning.
- Houston Rapper Hawk Shot And Killed
A member of the Screwed Up Click, Hawk, has been gunned down.
- Nightclub Bouncer Dies After 6 Days In Critical Care
The bouncer involved with an altercation with rapper Proof has been pronounced dead 6 days after the initial shooting.
- West Coast Indie Rap Artist Killed At McDonald's
Known as "Mac" of the West Coast Head Bustas, the rapper was shot and killed last Friday at a fast food drive-through.
- Proof's Shooter Not Charged With Murder
Club CCC bouncer, Mario Etheridge, faces various weapons charges but not murder.
- Hip Hop Record Party Ends With 2 Shot, 1 Dead
The shooting occurred during a hip-hop record release party outside the C-Note Lounge.
- Suspect Found In D12 Rapper Proof's Killing
The Detroit Police Department currently have a bouncer from the nighclub in custody.
- Police Say D12's Proof Fired First Before Being Killed
In the latest breaking news from the Detroit Police, more info revealed.
- Details In Detroit D12 Rapper Killing Emerge
An argument between rapper Proof and a club bouncer ended with two shot and one dead.
- D12 Rapper Proof Passes On After Shooting
Detroit police are currently searching for the gunman resposible for killing the rapper in a Detroit night club.
- Death Penalty Still Looms Over Hip Hop Rap Label Owner
Prosecuting attorney Roslynn R. Mauskopf has filed a death penalty request for Kenneth (Supreme) McGriff and four other suspected gang members.
- Hip Hop Artist Black Rob Arrested On Warrant
The rap artist who was on the run for more than a month was caught last week.
- David Mays Feels The Wrath of Rapper Busta Rhymes
Previous co-owner of The Source magazine was allegedly hit over the head by the rapper.
- Death Penalty Suggested For Rap Label Owner
Kenneth Supreme McGriff is one of five suggested by the US Attorney to be put to death if convicted.
- South Beath Florida Arrest Involves Young Jeezy
Hip hop artist Young Jeezy was involved with a disturbance which led to his arrest.
- Police Probe Possible Vallejo Murder Connection
Police are probing all possibilities in the high profile murders of rap artists.
- Rapper Cassidy Gets Released From Prison
The terms of rapper Cassidy's parole are unsure, but it has been confirmed by his label that he is no longer in prison.
- 'Bad Boy' Artist Lives Up To Label Title
Rapper Black Rob was taken into police custody after being having a fugitive warrant served on an undisclosed location.
- Disgruntled Rap Fan Sues Busta Rhymes
Assault charges stem over an alleged assault which took place after Busta Rhymes turned down a fan's autograph request.
- Camron Aims To Put An End To Paedophiles
After watching a TV special regarding adults using the internet for evil purposes, Camron decides to take matters into his own hands.
- Bay Area Rap Musician Mac Minister Sought In Murder
Real name Andre Dow is featured on America's Most Wanted for the murder of rival rapper Fat Tone.
- Few Details Emerge In Music Video Murder
Since the story broke about the bodyguard of Busta Rhymes being shot and killed on the set of a music video taping, few details have emerged.
- Hip Hop Rap Group Member Accused of Rape
Group member of the rappers known as Trillville accused of an alleged rape of a teen.
- Rapper's Wife Speeds Her Way To Jail
Wife of known rapper and actor was pulled over after being caught speeding in excess of 100mph on Interstate 684.
- Cash Money Rap Mogul "The Birdman" Arrested
Also known as Bryan "The Birdman" Williams, the rapper was arrested over weapons and fraud charges.
- Old School Rapper "Cool C" Sentenced To Death
Execution warrant for former Philadelphia rapper Christopher 'Cool C' Roney was signed by Pennsylvania Governor yesterday.
- Rapper Beanie Sigel Convicted On Assault Charges
Recording artist Beanie Sigel was involved with an argument with another man who claimed Sigel punched him.
- UpdateEarly AM Crash Injures Rap Star Twista
Hit and run incident causes injury to hip hop rap star Twista.
- Gucci Mane Recieves Happy New Years
Just in time for the New Years, recording artist Gucci Maine learns his murder case has been dropped.
- Pimp-C Freed From Prison
In prison since January 2002, Pimp-C has gained support from his fans and now he has been released.
- Obie Trice Shot In Drive-By Incident
Obie Trice and his girlfriend were driving when they were approached by another vehicle and were shot at, injuring Obie.
- Cop's Hip Hop Fantasy Involves Robbery
NY cop was assigned to the narcotics task force which he abused in an attempt to look like a hip hop star.
- Cases of Nelly's Energy Drink 'Pimp Juice' Stolen
Just three days before Christmas, thousands of cases of the artist's Pimp Juice were stolen from Missouri.
- Will Smith's ID Thief Caught & Prosecuted
ID thief Carlos Lomax was found to be in violation of his probation after running up credit-card debts in Will Smith's name.
- Brand Nubian Member Faces Gun Charges
Sadat X has been charged with possession of a firearm and reckless endangerment as well as resisting arrest.
- Hip Hop Album Release Party Ends With 3 Stabbed
Notorious B.I.G. album release party at a club located in Manhattan ended with 3 persons stabbed.
- Westcoast CD Aims At Unnecessary Gang Violence
Watts rapper Flipside announces CD aiming at putting an end to gang warfare and senseless violence.
- Rap Label Bookkeeper Receives Probation
After being found guilty of fraudulently going around currency regulations, the bookkeeper receives probation and house arrest.
- Stanley Williams Body To Rest In Africa
South Africa is where the ashes of Stanley Tookie Williams will be scattered as well as a funeral planned for next week.
- Eminem Studio Shooting Leaves One Dead
Yesterday, a man was sentenced to life in prison without parole after being found guilty of shooting the owner of a Detroit recording studio previously used by Eminem.
- Gov. Shwarzenegger Executes Stanley Tookie Williams III
California Gov. Shwarzenegger followed through with the execution of Stanley Tookie Williams III.
- Gov. Shwarzenegger Denies Tookie's Clemecy
After tons of support via email and faxes the Governor of California, Arnold Shwarzenegger, denies clemency for Tookie.
- New Evidence In Tookie's Defense Revealed
Information revealed in an affidavit by a new witness tells of the surrounding corruption in the LA County jail system.
- California DA Kills Unarmed Man, Wants Tookie Dead
Deputy District Attorney John Monaghan urged California Gov. to deny Tookie's clemency request even after he is found guilty of killing an unarmed who "might" have a weapon.
- ABC Reporter Speaks About Tookie Williams Execution
Tookie Williams execution is planned for Dec 13th. Invited reporter speaks on the situation.
- Jailed Rapper Pimp-C To Be Released
Rapper known as Pimp-C will get out of prison on parole in 30 days.